abinfo: cooperative research and development
“Our work is to unite efforts in research, development and innovation, aiming to strengthen and enhance the vitality and competitiveness of the industry in the manufacture of finished goods and materials, devices, instruments, equipment and assets for production resulting in a positive contribution to the areas of life, energy, education and environment”
Alaide Pellegrini Mammana
Who we are
Abinfo is a non-profit organization founded in 1988 with headquarters in Brazil that promotes new and unique ways of working together in a wide range of R&D projects, aiming the application of science and technology to face real world challenges
Features of Abinfo’s way of working are:
- sharing ideas and strengthening ideas with others
- development of R&D and education methods and tools for cost effective R&D
- networked cooperative R&D WEB-assisted communication between experts at various locations in the world
- networked small laboratories and technology based companies to provide access to experimental work and prototyping for companies, institutions and independent researchers
- small scale operation
- eco-design and environmentally friendly solutions for products and processes
- Human resources formation: scientific advice, traineeship and other
- Seminars, courses and conferences
ABINFO has proven capability of structuring of cooperation networks involving research, development and industrial agents. ABINFO played an important role in the establishment of networks and bilateral and multilateral cooperation programs, such as:
- Brazilian Network Information Displays (BrDisplay)
- Ibero-American Network Information Displays (LatinDisplay)
- Latin American Chapter of the Society for Information Display (SID Latin-American Chapter)
ABINFO performs development of studies for strategies and roadmaps for public and private entities. Examples are evaluation of opportunites for the implementation of LCD's for BNDES discussed during the various LatinDisplay Conferences.
Support for small and medium businesses
ABINFO has experience in cooperative participation in research, development and innovation projects, giving support for companies to plan and perform projects of new products and pilot manufacturing plant. Examples are pilot plant for liquid crystal displays, transparent electrode electrofluorescent lamps manufacturing technology for LCD displays and lighting, heater element and control for a cooktop, thin film heater for a shower.
Support in proposition of projects for public funding agencies or private
ABINFO developed new processing techniques, such as plasma system for removal of layers in electronic devices, thin film deposition systems, chemical reactors and thermal processing for thin films, sputtering apparatus, cryostat and measurement systems for device and materials characterization.
Examples are the design and construction of peripherals for human communication with computer systems. Among the developed peripherals are screen sensitive to touch and blow, tablet and special keyboards for various applications, computational system for the study of human movements and equivalence and conditional discrimination.
Design and demonstration of electronic voting and counting using touchscreens. This demonstration was key dor the adoption of electronic voting by the Brazilain government.
Demonstration of digital student desk prototypes and associate web based school management and content repository
Cooperation with technical schools and universities for training of human resources at all levels. ABINFO had and has a remarkable performance in this area, contributing to training and training of more than a hundred business professionals and institutions R & D and students of technical schools, undergraduate, specialization and graduate, in this case supporting master's and doctoral theses, as well as post-doctoral programs.
About LatinDisplay Conferences
LatinDisplay is an event of the Society of Information Display (SID), of its Latin American Chapter (SID LTN Chapter), of the Brazilian Network for Displays (BrDisplay Network), of the Ibero-American Network for Displays (Ibero American Display Network) and ABINFO. The goals of LatinDisplays are:
• To discuss state-of-art displays: LCDs, AMLCDs, plasma, OLEDs, eletrophoretic, electrowetting, reflective, projection, 3D, IMOD etc.
• To present emerging technologies and new applications.
• To discuss display sub-systems and components: backlight units (BLUs), optical foils, etc.
• To discuss touch screens, tablets, digital boards, etc.
• To discuss related technologies: lighting (fluorescent lamps, LEDs, OLEDs), solar cells, organic electronics, batteries, sensors, nanotechnology, etc.
• To discuss materials, processes and equipment for displays and related technologies
• To discuss the impact of display technologies on TV broadcasting, cinema, health, e-books, media, advertisement, signage, etc.
• To discuss challenges and opportunities in displays and related technologies.
• To provide updates on the status of Brazil in these technologies and related manufacturing infrastructure
Relevant areas of display research, technology and applications to be covered include, but are not limited to:
• Displays (LCDs, AM-LCDs, OLEDs, plasma, reflective, transparent, flexible, 3D, projection, electrophoretic, video walls etc)
• Innovative applications: TV, telecommunications, automotive, avionics, military, mobile, medical imaging, education, signage, advertising, multimedia, cinema, etc.
• Night vision
• Touch screens, tablets, digital boards and other peripherals
• Manufacturing processes
• Materials: LC, OLED, alignment materials, etc.
• Backlight units (BLUs) and methods to improve sun-legibility
• Flat-panel measurements and standards
• Color performance and high ambient display enhancement
• Power and signal management
• Thermal management
• Lighting (LED, OLED, fluorescent, etc.)
• Image processing software and hardware (drivers, controllers, video processors, digital video format converters, etc)
• Electronics and graphic interfaces
• Ergonomics, human factors and visual perception
• Interconnectivity, usability and access to multiple sources of content
• Virtual reality and augmented reality
• Gestural, adaptive and multimodal interfaces. Immersive systems
• Assistive technologies
• Display and end-user product markets
• Solar cells, optical devices, thin films, organic electronics
LatinDisplays consist of:
• Scientific and Technical Symposium
• Round Table and Business Meetings
• DisplayEscola (Display School)
• Chapter and Network Meeting (LTN SID Chapter, BrDisplay Network and Ibero-American Display Network)
• Visits to R&D institutions, universities and companies
History of LatinDisplays
|LatinDisplay||InfoDisplay||BrDisplay||DisplayEscola||Latin SID||Evento associado||Local||Início||Fim||Participantes||Países||Publicação|
|Pré-Info||I Workshop IB de Fluídos Anisotrópicos||Córdoba, Argentina||05/07/93||08/07/93||40||5|
|I InfoDisplay||Campinas, SP, Brasil||20/06/95||25/06/95||107||12||Anais I InfoDisplay|
|II InfoDisplay||Lisboa, Portugal||07/10/96||09/10/96||116||16||Anais II InfoDisplay|
|III InfoDisplay||Pucón, Chile||30/11/97||04/12/97||37||12||Anais III InfoDisplay|
|IV InfoDisplay||Mar del Plata, Argentina||11/03/98||13/03/98||45||8||Anais IV InfoDisplay|
|V InfoDisplay||I DisplayEscola||Madrid, Espanha||26/10/98||28/10/98||79||14||Anais V InfoDisplay|
|VI InfoDisplay||Lima, Perú||01/03/99||03/03/99||40||8||Anais VI InfoDisplay|
|VII InfoDisplay||II DisplayEscola||Havana, Cuba||12/07/99||16/07/99||50||9||Anais VII InfoDisplay|
|VIII InfoDisplay||São Paulo, SP, Brasil||16/03/00||18/03/00||43||9||Anais VIII InfoDisplay|
|III DisplayEscola||CBRAVIC||S. J.Campos, SP, Brasil||03/08/00||04/08/00||30||4|
|IX InfoDisplay||IV DisplayEscola||Campinas, SP, Brasil||17/09/02||20/09/02||122||11||Anais IX InfoDisplay|
|X InfoDisplay||V DisplayEscola||Fortaleza, Ceará, Brasil||29/09/03||03/10/03||78||16||Anais X InfoDisplay|
|I BrDisplay||Campinas, SP, Brasil||21/04/04||23/04/04||81||4||Anais XI InfoDisplay|
|II BrDisplay||Recife, PE, Brasil||19/07/04||22/07/04||50||3||Relatório|
|XI InfoDisplay||III BrDisplay||VI DisplayEscola||Florianópolis, SC, Brasil||20/09/04||24/09/04||72||9||Anais XII InfoDisplay|
|XII InfoDisplay||IV BrDisplay||VII DisplayEscola||I Latin SID||Campinas, SP, Brasil||26/09/05||30/09/05||183||12||Anais XIII InfoDisplay|
|V BrDisplay||II Latin SID||Campinas, SP, Brasil||24/11/05||25/11/05||33||3|
|VI BrDisplay||III Latin SID||Brasília, DF, Brasil||20/02/06||30||3|
|XIII InfoDisplay||VIII DisplayEscola||IV Latin SID||XIII Escuela Internacional de C&T de Materiais||Havana, Cuba||12/07/06||13/07/06||21||4|
|VII BrDisplay||V Latin SID||II Seminário Insoft/Titan/CenPRA||Fortaleza, Ceará, Brasil||31/10/06||26||2|
|LatinDisplay 2006||XIV InfoDisplay||VIII BrDisplay||IX DisplayEscola||VI Latin SID||Campinas, SP, Brasil||16/11/06||18/11/06||170||10||Anais LatinDisplay 2006|
|IX BrDisplay||VII Latin SID||S. Paulo, SP||21/02/07||28||2|
|X BrDisplay||VIII Latin SID||Campinas, SP||27/04/07||35||1||Relatório|
|XI BrDisplay||IX Latin SID||VI Semana de Engenharia e Tecnologia da UNIA||Santo André, SP||08/05/07||47||1|
|LatinDisplay 2007||XV InfoDisplay||XII BrDisplay||X DisplayEscola||X Latin SID||Campinas, SP||12/11/07||15/11/07||203||11||Anais LatinDisplay 2007|
|XIII BrDisplay||XI Latin SID||Rio de Janeiro, RJ||04/03/08||8||1|
|XIV BrDisplay||XII Latin SID||Santo André, SP||25/06/08||30||2|
|XV BrDisplay||XIII Latin SID||I Semana de Tecnologia (I SEMTEC) do Centro Federal de Educação Tecnológica de S. Paulo - Unidade de Bragança Paulista||Bragança Paulista, SP||22/10/08||40||1|
|LatinDisplay 2008||XVI InfoDisplay||XVI BrDisplay||XI DisplayEscola||XIV Latin SID||Campinas, SP||17/11/08||20/11/08||231||16||Anais LatinDisplay 2008 e Relatório|
|XVII BrDisplay||XV Latin SID||Abinee, S.Paulo, SP||24/03/09||90||2|
|XVIII BrDisplay||XVI Latin SID||Colégio Pentágono||S. Andre, SP||24/06/09||100||2|
|XIX BrDisplay||XVII Latin SID||Faculdade de Tecnologia Anchieta||S. Bernardo, SP||05/11/09||70||2|
|LatinDisplay 2009||XVII InfoDisplay||XX BrDisplay||XII DisplayEscola||XVIII Latin SID||S. Paulo, SP||16/11/09||19/11/09||283||15||Anais LatinDisplay 2009, Livro de Programa e Relatório|
|XXI BrDisplay||XIX Latin SID||Instituto Educacional São João da Escócia - Colégio Pelicano de Poços de Caldas||Poços de Caldas, MG||30/03/10||80||2|
|Seminário Invest in Brazil: Opportunities for Displays||Display Week 2010||Seattle, WA, USA||25/05/10||27/05/10||56||15||Relatório|
|LatinDisplay 2010 /IDRC 2010||XVIII InfoDisplay||XXII BrDisplay||XIII DisplayEscola||XX Latin SID||IDRC 2010 (International Display Research Conference)||S. Paulo, SP||16/11/10||19/11/10||254||17||Anais LatinDisplay 2010/IDRC 2010, Livro de Programa e Relatório|
|XXIII BrDisplay||XXI Latin SID||Centro Universitário Salesiano de S. Paulo (UNISAL)||Campinas, SP||18/03/11||54||4||Anais do XXIII Seminário BrDisplay e do XXI Latin SID Seminar|
|XIX InfoDisplay||XXII Latin SID||XVIII Escuela Internacional de Verano en Ciencia y Tecnología en Materiales||La Habana, Cuba||07/07/11||08/07/11||24|
|LatinDisplay 2011 /XXXII CBRAVIC||XX InfoDisplay||XXIV BrDIsplay||XIV DisplayEscola||XXIII Latin SID||XXXII CBRAVIC||Itajubá, MG||28/08/11||31/08/11||250||10||Anais do LatinDisplay 2011 /XXXII CBRAVIC, Relatório, Livro de Programa|
|XXV BrDIsplay||XXIV Latin SID||3ª SETPOL – 3a. Semana de Tecnologia em Polímeros - Escola Senai Mário Amato||São Bernardo do Campo - SP - Brasil||29/09/11||150||1|
|XXVI BrDisplay||XXV Latin SID||Ciclo de Estudos das Engenharias da Faculdade de Jaguariúna (FAJ)||Jaguariúna - SP - Brasil||10/11/11||180||2|
|XXVII BrDisplay||XXVI Latin SID||Centro Universitário Salesiano de S. Paulo (UNISAL)||Campinas, SP||31/03/12|
|XXVIII BrDisplay||XXVII Latin SID||Policamp||Campinas, SP||30/03/12|
|LatinDisplay 2012 /IDRC 2012||XXI InfoDisplay||XXVII BrDisplay||XV DisplayEscola||XXVI Latin SID||IDRC 2012 (International Display Research Conference)||Mackenzie - São Paulo - SP - Brasil||25/11/12||30/11/12||399||12|
Cost effective Laboratory
ABINFO develops instruments and systems for laboratory experiments and pilot line development. The design of these instruments is oriented for low cost and small and medium sized companies are invelved in its construction. Our objective is to give access to sofisticated technological work with moinimum investment. ABINFO also has established cooperation projects with public laboratories to have access to high cost equipment such as electron microscopes and several analytical instruments.
Prototyping and measurement technology
ABINFO has access to several measuring equipment, some owned, some borrowed by its Fellow researchers and Fellow companies:
Mist density measurement by laser scattering
Frequency, time interval
Digital osciloscope for electrical signals
Low temperature (78 K) electrical characterization
Weight down to 0,001 g
Thickness measurement ( >1 micrometer)
Processing equipment is constructed specially for each application. Some equipments are borrowed by Fellow researchers and Fellow companies.
ABINFO process equipment covers:
Chemical vapor deposition reactor
Nebulization ultrasound CVD
Ovens for annealing
Photolithography (>50 µm lines)
Temperature controled etching baths
Optical Transmission up to 400 x
Small digital optical microscope
Processing techniques for digital image enhancement
Experiment control and data acquisition
Timing and sequencing
Data Acquisition 8 channels 100 kHz
Methods and processes for research and innovation
Methods and processes are fundamental tools for research, development and feasibility demonstration of innovations and inventions.
For this reason, ABINFO has developed over the years methodological studies and internet tools to support research and development projects.
These tools are made available in the projects carried out in cooperation with ABINFO, be it to produce an academic paper, a thesis or the development of a pilot production process. A team of experts who operates with ABINFO may assist in the implementation of the tools and contribute to the orientation of specific scientific or technological work.
If you need access to orientation, high level methodological support or just consultancy ask us about the possibilities and conditions for the case of your interest.
Campinas - SP - Brasil 55-19-3305-9283 www.abinfo.org.br Powered by Exponent Content Management System
Copyright (c) 2004-2007 OIC Group, Inc.